KPI to be measured
Ask a question
Was this article helpful? 0 out of 0 found this helpful
Having reached this point, you can start designing the workflow itself.
With THRON WORKFLOW you can design your workflows quickly and independently thanks to the no-code builder, with no need of writing a single line of code or of relying on a developer.
Once you have created the Job and set up all the necessary information - which we described in the previous article THRON WORKFLOW – How to create and manage your Jobs - you will go directly to the builder. To create and configure a new workflow, click on the "Configure workflow" button. When you open the builder, you will be offered two Stages and a Transition by default.
As already mentioned, the two basic elements of the approval workflow that you can configure here are:
- Stages: represents a specific step of the workflow as well as the status of an asset. Here, you can select various enrichment options and actions that can be applied to the content.
- Transitions: represent the movement of an asset from a stage to another and are triggered by specific rules.
Configuring the Stage
Click on the already available Stage or click on the 'Add Stage' button. Now, you need to configure the following information:
- Stage name: the name of the Stage (mandatory field)
- Due dates: desired due dates for this Stage (optional field)
- Edit guidelines: additional information about the Stage (optional field)
- Extended settings: here you can define a series of actions on the contents of this stage. The available options are:
- Allow assets download: to allow the download of contents
- Allow assets update from PC: to allow contents update by upload from your PC
- Assets can be selected from Library from selected folders: to allow contents to be uploaded by taking them from a specific THRON DAM PLATFORM folder. You can select as many folders as you wish from those to which your user has full rights
- General information: here you can allow users to edit the title and description of the contents and update the file versions
- Transitions: here you can see which Transitions are active on the Stage and, if necessary, create a new Transition directly from here by clicking on the "+" button.
Configuring the Transition
By clicking on the available Transition, or by clicking on the "Add Transition" button, you can configure it by entering this information:
- Transition name: the name of the Transition (mandatory field).
This name will appear on the button to be clicked to apply the transition in the asset management interfaces
- Start from Stage: the start Stage of the Transition (mandatory field)
- Move to: here you have to define whether the destination of the Transition should be a Stage within the same Job, another Job (in this case, only start Stage) or a folder in THRON DAM PLATFORM (mandatory field):
- Stage name: if you choose Move to -> Stage, here you have to indicate the name of the destination Stage for that Transition (mandatory field)
- Folder name: if you choose Move to -> Category, you have to indicate here the target folder of the Transition in THRON DAM PLATFORM (mandatory field). You may select as many folders as you wish from those to which your user has full rights
- Job name: if you choose Move to -> Job, here you have to indicate the destination Job of the Transition (mandatory field)
- Rule: Here you have to define the rules that trigger the transition. The available options are:
- Anyone can move the asset: to allow any user to activate the Transition
- Restrict who can move the asset: to allow only a restricted set of users/groups to apply the Transition. After selecting this option, you can choose the users/groups to enable
- Move the asset automatically: this rule automatically trigger the Transition when a specific number of ratings (likes or dislikes) have been put on an asset. After selecting this option, you can choose the action to consider (like or dislike) and which number of ratings needs to reached to automatically enable the transition.
When a Transition corresponds to the publishing of an asset into a THRON DAM PLATFORM folder, this asset will be removed automatically from the workflow after the Transition itself.
In conclusion, let us now have a look at the entire life cycle of a content in THRON WORKFLOW: