THRON can handle all type of content; in this article we will point out two important aspects that need to be considered in developing projects with THRON content:
- each content type can be inserted in third-party systems using different technologies.
- if a content will be used for Content Recommendation, it should have the following characteristics:
- Title and description need to be inserted for all languages that the content is suitable to be presented to the end-users.
- Check if the content has a thumbnail consistent with the presentation style of your channels (it will appear in the Recommendation wall).
- In order to fully exploit THRON recommendation capabilities, each content need to be described also by tags.
Content can be accessed in many ways such as viewing and downloading, viewing can be a simple action (like viewing an image) or can be a more complex interaction like watching a video, seeking video, etc… All those actions should be tracked whenever is really useful, in order to better profile your contacts and to obtain insightful statistics.
Video and audio
When using videos or audios, the most reliable tool to embed video playback features across the different channels is THRON Player; this guarantees the best video experience for the end-user; in addition, tracking system is already integrated, so content playback, progress and any other available interaction is already recorded and managed by the Player itself.
In order to embed THRON Player we recommend you to follow the instructions provided in this article. Once the embed code has been created, you will be also able to customize its appearance in order to match the user experience to the one of your website/project; all the available parameters are listed in the Player's documentation. Make particular attention to the of useContextId parameter; configuring your embed code with a proper context will make it easier for you to identify all the visits made from the specific project when consulting data in the Analytics section of your Dashboard.
If you need to create even more complex projects with custom behaviors, advertising or advanced integrations, you might be interested in Player's API.
In some cases you might need to use the video content and deliver it through a custom player. You can do so by invoking the getContentDetail of the content you want to deliver and selecting the contentUrl related to the channel that matches compatibility of the device used to watch the content. More info on available channels can be found in this article.
If this is your case you will have to include THRON Tracking Library in order to make sure that visualization and interaction with your content is recorded by THRON Artificial Intelligence.
Images are a particular content type if you consider their visualization: there is no explicit action that identifies when an user “watches” an image and there is usually no real difference between an image (source) and a thumbnail (usually a resize/crop of the same image). This leads to very different use cases that need to be considered in a separate way:
- Background image: you don’t want to collect any relevant data when such image is displayed to users;
- Image with an action that defines when an user “watches” the image (eg. click on thumb opens lightbox with fullsize image): you want to send “visit” event only when users trigger the “view” action;
- Image with no explicit action (eg. image embedded in web page): you can assume that user “watches” image when the image has been visible on screen for more than 3 seconds.
THRON allows to easily manage all these cases thanks to a specific web service: the public/image. Such web service will allow you, given a specific contact, to insert its thumbnail in your project by matching a required dimension and have it constantly updated.
An advanced application that enables you to have a "smart" extraction of your thumbnail, preserving the main subject of your images is the Real-Time Image Editor (RTIE): an easy to use tool that provides custom size/crop images which can be used in any of the above cases. Remember that you will have to include Tracking Library in order to record content visualization.
If you want to leverage "smart" tracking, and record image's visualization only if it is visible on screen for more than three seconds you will just have to embed THRON Player, setting the "noSkin" parameter to true.
Remember that content's thumbnail preserves transparency, so you will be able to create beautiful effects by embedding your content without hiding your website/application background.
Page content consists of HTML text and are suitable to contain the text of your website. With a few simple requests you will be able to extract the body of a Page (which is the HTML) and use it to create web pages; instructions are provided here.
When using page's body to create web pages you will have to integrate Tracking Library in order to record content visualization.
To include Documents in your projects you will have to embed THRON Player.