KPI to be measured
Ask a question
Was this article helpful? 0 out of 0 found this helpful
Contacts are specific THRON entities which perform access to content. Initially, such contacts are stored by THRON player or by the tracking library as anonymous contacts, which are specific devices that are related to an id code (deviceId) which, until profiling has been performed, will match with the "contactId" which is the unique code identifying a specific contact. Here's how it works.
Anonymous contact creation
A specific device performs access to a content via THRON player, which will execute a specific request included in the built-in tracking library: loadEvent();
The same result can be achieved even if THRON player is not involved, by including the tracking library, initializing a new tracker using the form:
var tracker = _ta.initTracker("<clientId>");
and invoking the method: tracker.LoadEvent();
Such method will return the following values
- deviceId: XXXXXXXXXX
- contactId: XXXXXXXXX
which will initially match. At this moment, an anonymous contact has been created into the platform. You can check its creation by invoking the detail webservices which is included in the xcontact package. The url is structured as follows:
- clientId: is the domain name used to access your THRON, usually your company name.
- contactId: the Id of the created contact.
In the response you will find (among others) the following information:
- contactType: Anonymous
- devices: an array including the following data:
- the IP address of the device
- the user agent
- the creationDate
Let's suppose that later on, such anonymous contact interacts with a call to action (e.g. a form filled with personal information). Thanks to the integration with THRON Tracking Library, you will just have to invoke the specific method:
tracker.loginAs("loginValue", "loginType", "contactName");
- loginValue: (mandatory) String; it is the value of the identity provided (e.g. the email address)
- loginType : ( mandatory) String; it is the type of identity provided, you can use a free text here (e.g.: "email") but remember to keep coherence in the name (please note that "thronuser" is a reserved key used to identify THRON usernames)
- contactName : ( optional) String, it is the full name of the new contact.
IMPORTANT: This method will profile contacts only if the module "SINGLE CUSTOMER VIEW" is active on the specific domain. Otherwise it will always return anonymous contacts.
Be careful, in all those contexts where contact profiling happens "out" from THRON (e.g. via an email campaign), you will need to proactively update THRON to keep your identities aligned.
From that moment on, the device will be linked to a profiled contact: in the response of this request you will get the following values:
- deviceId: XXXXXX (the same as before)
- contactId: YYYYY (the new unique identifier of the profiled contact)
Once again, to check the correct profiling of the contact you can invoke the detail web service. This time you will get the following information:
- contactType: Identified
- keys: an array including the personal information used in the loginAs request:
- key: the loginType used in the request
- value: the loginValue used in the request
- name: the contactName used in the request.