KPI to be measured
Ask a question
Was this article helpful? 0 out of 0 found this helpful
We are proud to announce that we have recently updated our solution to a new 5.0.4 version, which includes a series of new features.
We have outlined here, some important characteristics that you might be interested in:
- We have introduced a new parameter called "appKey" which is a specific code used to extend the level of security when authenticating through an application or making an application impersonate to business user. The applications that are already existent in the platform will not be affected; and it is possible to manually assign them an appKey to increase their level of security. You may consider using an appKey when:
- The application is used to operate within protected contexts, for example when it is used to deliver content in a restricted area of your website (accessible only to authenticated users)
- The application is used to impersonate business users, for example if it is used to make your end users able to upload content directly from your website.
- The application is used to perform "workflow" operations that might affect the status of your platform (e.g.: publishing content to folders, tagging content)
- Authentication through an appKey is not required in all those context where the application is used to deliver public contents (e.g. a media portal); as a matter of fact, in this case the application will access the relative folder in read-only, therefore a deeper level of security is not required.
Further information on how to insert an appKey and how to use it, can be found in this article.
- Users with proper administrative permission will be able to assign a single tag to a set of targets (users, content or contacts). Further information on how to perform this operation can be found in this article.
- Users with proper permission will be able to set a specific value for a single metadata on multiple targets (content, users or contacts). Further information can be found in this article.
- You will be able to perform searches exploiting the "textSearch" parameter in order to retrieve content tagged with a matching keyword or with any of its child tags. Further instructions on how to perform this search can be found in this article.
- You are now able to search for content starting from a specific folder and performing the search within all its subfolders with just a single request. This can be done through the ‘Find By Properties’ method thanks to the introduction of a specific boolean parameter: "cascade". More information can be found in this article.
We also have introduced the following new functionalities:
- Whenever a tag list or a metadata list is present in THRON Dashboard, you will be now able to filter such list with specific keywords.
- All authentication requests are now performed using HTTPS protocol.
- The search auto-completion within Dashboard can now suggest up to 10 tags if available.
- Thanks to the bgcolor parameter you will be able to color the background of THRON player in order to match it with the color of your web pages. Further information can be found in this article.
Finally, take a look at the Release Notes in our Developer Center for a complete list of all the new characteristics of this version.