KPI to be measured
Ask a question
Was this article helpful? 0 out of 0 found this helpful
Choose a content, open its Shareboard or click on the “Embed” quick action and enter the embed code generation screen. Define the skin to use and how to cut it, paste the code and it is done!
You can permanently remove all duplication of content without altering the behavior of front-end systems. You just have to change the reference URL and point your digital assets from local media libraries to THRON. From that moment on everything will be centralized, without any duplication and under your full control.
When it comes to selecting the embed mode you have two choices: embedding using the THRON Player or embedding using html tag.
Embed via THRON Player allows you to set the template to be used for the specific sharing, i.e. the graphic style and behavior that the Player will have to adopt in that specific context. In other words, embedding via THRON Player allows you to create highly personalized user experiences that are in line with the look and feel of the page on which it is published. THRON Player, in turn, can be embedded in two different modes: a responsive mode, which regardless of the size of its container will always adapt dynamically, and a fixed mode, which instead allows you to have a unique size for the Player in the page. In both cases, you can choose between embed via <script> tag or via iframe.
Embed using HTML tags, on the other hand, allows you to choose whether to have the tag related to the media element (e. g. <video> or <img>) so that the playback takes place via the default Player of the device in use, or whether to have only the url of the content. In particular, this latter mode can be used to insert THRON assets into the media library of any CMS.
In the case of images, if the Real Time Image editor extension has been activated, you can set crop and resize parameters for each specific share, according to the size of the container which will host the image. When delivering the asset, THRON will apply changes in real time, without creating copies of the content. The available cropping modes are:
- Auto: by using this mode, THRON will automatically process the image with the highest available quality in order to apply cropping and resize algorithms matching your request and preserving the image's main subject.
- Centered: by using this mode, THRON will automatically process the image with the highest available quality in order to apply cropping and resize algorithms matching your request and preserving the image's center.
- Manual: by using this mode, THRON will automatically process the image with the highest available quality in order to apply cropping and resize parameters manually provided by the user himself. The manual mode provides three options for resizing the selected crop:
- Widescreen: if the aspect ratio of the crop is different from that of the divArea, the Real-time Image Editor will attempt to fit the crop in order to fill it.
- Letterbox: if the aspect ratio of the crop is different from that of the divArea, you can specify the color of the background bars.
- Exact: allows you to get exactly the required crop, without any alteration by the Real-time Image Editor.
Content SEO Friendly
This integrated feature drastically reduces the editing time within web pages, so editors don't have to enter any additional information to enrich the indexing of content. It will be enough to copy and paste the provided code.
Structured data solve this issue, providing dynamic indexing data. There are several ways to provide search engines with structured data aligned with content information, but integration should be generated depending on the host page. Structured data must be generated server-side. Have a look at this article to know more.
The THRON Player natively incorporates the tracking library, and for this reason the tracking of all events takes place automatically. It is possible to disable the tracking of a specific embed code by changing the advanced settings in the embed code generation screen.
In case of HTML embed, the provided code will also incorporate THRON tracking library and the inclusion of the specific "tci" class that enables the tracking of content related events. It is possible to disable the tracking of a specific embed code by acting on the advanced settings in the embed code generation screen.
Events tracked via inclusion of the “tci” class in the html tag are:
- load: this event registers the content visualization. In the case of video and audio, it is launched then the user presses the "play" button. In the case of images, it occurs when the html element, including the content, has been visible in the viewport for at least three seconds.
- progress: this event is launched as long as content playback progresses. More specifically, a progress event will be launched each time a decile is reached. Only available for video and audio.
- seek: this event is launched as soon as the user skips on a specific time frame of the content (backward or forward). Only available for video and audio.