Leverage the user interests collected with Content Intelligence to personalize marketing automation campaigns and boost the engagement of contacts who have converted via Social Networks.
Here is an example: think about a company that sells clothes.
[dropdown:1. Create users]
To set up your environment and manage a process that allows you to use Content Intelligence data to refine your editorial strategies, you need at least one Content Intelligence Manager in the Platform who will consistently tag content and analyze data collected by Content Intelligence to measure the performance of your editorial strategy and set up targeted remarketing campaigns.
To create a new user, click on the menu button in the upper right corner of your dashboard, and reach the “Users” section. Once there, create a new user by clicking on the button in the first row of the second column.
Give this user the role of Content Intelligence Manager.
[/dropdown][dropdown:2. Set up the workflow]
To collect relevant data on users' interests and enable THRON to make the number of your prospects grow, it is important to ensure that all the content used across your touchpoints can feed THRON's Content Intelligence, so that you can get to know your audience even before their actual conversion. For this reason, the first step is to set up a "To be tagged" folder in which you will activate an instance of Magic Site Integration for each of the websites you use to communicate (e. g. corporate website, blog, e-commerce, etc.), and an "Approved" folder to which your Content Intelligence Manager will move the URL content once tagged.
To create a new folder, click on the “+” button which is located at the bottom of the folders’ column.
In the modal window, make sure you enter the name “To be tagged” and leave “No folder” as the main folder, since we are now creating a new root. Then click on the “Edit access list” button and add your Content Intelligence managers, giving them full rights over the content and the right to remove content from the folder (Can edit folder and publish/remove content). Save and close the modal.
Then click again on the “+” button to create a new folder, enter the name “Approved” and make sure to select “No folder” as the main folder; then edit the list by including Content Intelligence Managers and give them the right to publish content in the folder (Can edit folder and publish/remove content).
[/dropdown][dropdown:3. Prepare your taxonomy]
For Content Intelligence to be able to collect relevant data about your audience's interests, content-associated tags must be consistently defined and organized. In particular, it is necessary that the tags for all phases of the content marketing funnel have been prepared within the TOPIC classification. This is the only way for you to always be able to know at which level of your buyer's journey each user is located.
The recommended approach is to build your TOPIC classification dictionary in such a way as to have the following branches:
- AUDIENCE INTERESTS: The general topics that represent the interests of your company's prototype buyer personas. These concepts will be used to tag the content in the upper part of the funnel, i.e. awareness content.
- COMPANY TOPICS: All the concepts that have to do with the market in which the company operates and the types of problems that its products/services intend to solve. Typically, these concepts are used to tag the consideration content in the intermediate stage of the funnel.
- PRODUCT CATEGORIES: Product categories or groups based on similar characteristics. Subcategories may also exist if necessary. These concepts are to be used on product-related content.
To create new tags, reach the Tag Center by clicking on the advanced button in the right corner of the header menu and then click on "Tags".
Once in, select the TOPIC classification and enter the Tag dictionary. To create a new tag, click the "+ Create new tag" button at the bottom of the left column.
Create the three root tags to begin with; then enter the tag name (e. g."Audience Interests") and make sure that the "No parent tag" entry is selected in the dropdown.
Once the three root tags have been created, you can go ahead and create your own dictionary by introducing all other concepts, taking care to select the corresponding parent tag from time to time. If the THRON Semantic Engine has already generated some tags, you will find them inside the "Misc" container. Drag and drop them to place them in the organized tree.
[/dropdown][dropdown:4. Centralize your content]
Once you have prepared your workflow folders and defined your tag dictionary, be sure to activate a Magic Site Integration application for each website in the "To be tagged" folder. This will provide two immediate benefits:
- Content Intelligence will immediately start tracking your contacts' visits to web pages
- All pages will be automatically important in THRON in the form of URL content, minimizing integration time.
To activate Magic Site Integration click on the "+" button in the header menu and select "Magic Site Integration". In the next modal, enter the domain of the website you wish to integrate, without the protocol (e. g. www.mywebsite.com), and make sure to select "To be tagged" as the folder in which you want to publish your content. Repeat this operation for any channel you wish to integrate with Content Intelligence.
Alternatively to the use of Magic Site Integration, you can centralize all of your content in THRON by uploading digital assets via drag and drop. Once the content has been uploaded and properly tagged, you can use the THRON Player to deliver them across all your digital channels via embed code, thus collecting relevant data on your audience's interests.
[/dropdown][dropdown:5. Tag your content]
As URL content is published by Magic Site Integration into the "To be Tagged" folder, the Content Intelligence Manager will be automatically notified and will then be able to review the tagging that the semantic engine has set up for each piece of content, integrating it with tags from the dictionary you have previously created. Once tagged, the content should be moved to the "Approved" folder to keep your workflow tidy.
To tag a piece of content, access its details by clicking on the item in the list. Add tags to the TOPIC classification using auto completion or a dedicated modal. To tag more than one piece of content using the same set of tags, select them directly from the list using checkboxes and then click on "Manage Tags" in the Smartbar. The tags you have added will be associated with all the content of your selection.
[/dropdown][dropdown:6. Synchronize social contact profiles with your CRM]
The main social networks provide a number of tools for the creation of campaigns that allow a quick acquisition of all profiling data related to contacts who are converting through posts published on the social network. These tools are the most immediate and effective way to acquire a lead, because they introduce two key aspects:
- they ensure that the user does not need to enter any information manually; all data is collected with a single click directly through his or her social network subscription;
- they provide add-ons for synchronization with the most common CRM software systems (eg. HubSpot).
Make sure that the tools you use to create your social network campaigns offer a system to provide all collected data to your CRM.
Here are a couple of examples:
- Facebook Lead Ads can connect to HubSpot thanks to a specific add-on.
- LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms can connect to many CRM softwares thanks to Zapier, which is a collector of integrations between different tools.
[/dropdown][dropdown:7. Enrich your contact profiles with the interests collected by Content Intelligence]
The next step is to make sure that THRON can collect profiling information about your contacts. To do so, you will need to add the Tracking Library to your landing pages, or to pages where profiling actions are performed. This will allow THRON to associate the provided identities to a previously anonymous contact, allowing you to link all the data collected by Content Intelligence to a specific person. This integration will give you the opportunity to get more information about your contacts than CRM tools used to provide, allowing you to analyze their interests, even while they stayed anonymous.
Remember that if a THRON Player delivering content is already present on the page, you do not need to include the library again.
If the Player is not present, the Tracking Library must be put in the <head> of the website with the following form:
In both cases, make sure to invoke the loginAs method as soon as a profiling action is carried out (e.g. form that collects identities):
var tracker= _ta.initTracer(‘<clientId>’); tracker.loginAs(‘loginType’,’loginValue’,’contactName’);
- loginType: (mandatory) String; it is the type of identity provided, you can use a free text here (e.g.: "email") but remember to keep coherence in the name (please note that "thronuser" is a reserved key used to identify THRON usernames)
- loginValue: (mandatory) String; it is the value of the identity provided (e.g. the email address)
- contactName: (optional) String, it is the full name of the new contact.
This implementation is sufficient to allow THRON to receive contact identity information that is also present in the CRM, so that the corresponding Single Customer View can be accessed for any profiled contact, simply by searching for the contact with any of the provided identities.
For an advanced level of integration, and to maintain synchronization between contact information in the CRM and the data available in THRON, please read this article.
KPI CHECK: Measure the performance of the editorial strategy and optimize the remarketing strategy
- Use intelligence data to measure content and topics that perform best, and then adapt your editorial strategy to produce better content.
- Get from your CRM tool the list of contacts generated by each specific campaign, and extract an updated list of these users' interests from THRON. With this list, you can make your remarketing strategy segmentation efficient and offer targeted campaigns according to their position in the funnel.