In order to retrieve user's information, the following conditions must be complied:
- A business user must be used, and it needs to be a user manager (Administrative permission to manage users and groups), or at least he has to own visibility over the user on whom he's trying to retrieve information; therefore its credentials must be used (username and password must be used to perform login and obtain a valid token); a THRON application may be used to retrieve content's information, but only through SU (also known as “sudo” or “superuser”) web service which allows it to impersonate a business user (usually the owner of the application).
- Make sure you know the username of the user
Specific web service dedicated to the retrieval of user's information is detail, which is included within the vusermanager package of xsso.
The URL of the web service is structured as follows:
Where [clientId] is the domain name used to access THRON(usually company name).
- Content-Type: application / json
- X-TokenId: XXXXX (using the token obtained through the login)
- linkedGroups: an array of objects, each one representing a group to which the specific user belongs. Each object has the following set of information:
- groupType: the type of group, can either be "PLATFORM" or "PLATFORM_BLIND", where platform blind groups are particular groups whose members can not collaborate between each other.
- creationDate: the date on which the group has been created, expressed with ISO-8601 timestamp.
- name: the name of the group.
- id: the id of the group.
- user: an object with the whole set of information on the user himself, such as:
- email: the email address of the user.
- phoneNumber: the phone number of the user.
- companyName: the company of the user.
- firstName: the first name of the user.
- lastName: the last name of the user.
- userPreferences: an object containing the whole set of information for user's notifications preferences:
- locale: the language selected by the user for the notifications.
- timezoneId: the timezone of the user, GMT[+,-][0..13] Example: GMT+1 GMT-3 GMT+4.
- notifyBy: this parameter indicates whether or not the specific user has decided to receive notifications via e-mail. If yes, you will find this parameter filled with the string "email".
- createdBy: the username of the person who invited this user to join the Platform.
- imageUrl: the url of the user's avatar.
- passwordUpdate: the date on which the user has updated its password, expressed with ISO-8601 timestamp.
- username: the user's username.
- creationDate: the date on which the user has been created, expressed with ISO-8601 timestamp.
- userType: the type of user, can either be 'PLATFORM_USER' or 'PLATFORM_USER_GUEST'.
- contactId: the ID of the contact linked to the specific user.
- imetadata: an array of objects, each one representing a metadata linked to the specific user. Each object has the following set of information:
- classificationId: the ID of the classification containing the tag to which the metadata is linked.
- metadataDefinitionId: the ID of the metadata.
- value: the actual value of the metadata.
- key: the label of the metadata.
- itags: an array of objects, each one representing a tag linked to the specific user. Each object has the following set of information:
- classificationId: the ID of the classification containing the specific tag
- approved: the status of the tag, if true it means that the tag has been organized into the actual dictionary.
- sources: an object representing the subject that created the tag.
- stype: the type of entity that created the tag, can be USER, APPLICATION or ENGINE.
- id: the identifier of the entity that created the tag, can be a username, an appId or the name of the ENGINE.
- id: the ID of the specific tag.